Friday 8 July 2011

Sleek Oh So Special Palette

Hey everyone!

I know that so many bloggers and girls on youtube have reviewed these palettes so it has been pretty much done to death, but I'm far too excited for my first Sleek palette and wanted to jump on the bandwagon and let you know my thoughts! I was debating over the Storm palette and the Oh So Special palette, which I believe is new? Correct me if I'm wrong! 

Anyway... I decided on the Oh So Special, and as the name suggests it really is a collection of beautiful and 'special' shades - retailing at £6.49 for 12 shades of eyeshadow is pretty bargainous if you ask me!

It comes in a lovely black 'sleek' package, as all of the palettes do and its really sturdy so I wouldn't worry about throwing it in my handbag and having any eyeshadow spillage disasters going on! It also has a mirror on the inside which is great for touch ups during the day and its the perfect size to use, as some palettes have these teeny mirrors that aren't much use in my opinion!

This gorgeous palette is a mix of neutral browns, pink shades and a few more dramatic shades such as the purple, shimmery grey and matte black to the left of the palette! As with all other Sleek palettes, there is a mix of matte and shimmery shades, which makes the perfect palette for creating a range of different day and night time looks!


I haven't done any swatches but I have done close ups on the two sides of the palette just to show the gorgeous colours in a bit more detail!
Top: Bow, Organza, Ribbon - Bottom: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail
Top: Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate - Bottom: Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir


 Now I've only had this palette for about a week, and I have used it every single day since!! The look that I've been really loving is The Mail all over the lid, Bow as a highlight, and Organza and Gateau blended into the crease! The shadows are really pigmented and so easy to apply and blend out, and for £6.49 it is an absolute bargain! 

All palettes are available from Superdrug stores, (I don't think they have all palettes online) and also the Sleek website!

So... what does everyone think of the new palette?

Hannah Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment